MBChB (UCT), FCS(ortho)SA, FRACS
Dave is an Orthopaedic Surgeon who has been practicing in Timaru since 2003. He consults out of Aorangi Surgical Group and operates at Bidwill Trust Hospital. Dave is also employed by the South Canterbury District Health Board as a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon.
After completing his medical and specialist training at the University of Cape Town in South Africa, Dave completed a 2 year Fellowship at the Queens Medical Centre in Nottingham from 2001 – 2003. As one of the largest teaching hospitals in Europe, he gained extensive experience in complex hip and knee joint replacement surgery, as well as foot and ankle reconstructive surgery.
Dave has a strong interest in teaching and research and is currently overseeing a number of long term arthroplasty studies . He was a member of the NZOA Education Committee from 2009 – 2013 and was also the Small Centres Representative on the New Zealand Orthopaedic Association from 2016-2020.
Areas of interest
- Hip replacements (Direct Anterior Approach, Posterior Approach and a special interest in Revision Hip Surgery)
- Knee replacements (Primary and Revisions)
- Knee Arthroscopy ( ACL ,Meniscus)
- Foot and Ankle
- Sports Injuries
- Shoulder and elbow
- Medical Council of New Zealand
- New Zealand Orthopaedic Association
- Fellow Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- MBChB (UCT) 1993
- FCS (orth)SA 2001
- Fellow Nottingham Universities NHS Trust 2001 - 2003
- Certificate of Training UK
- FRACS (2012)